Salesforce.com is the largest software as a service company in the world and the leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. In addition, through the Salesforce Foundation, products are available to nonprofit organizations at a deep discount through Salesforce’sPower of Usdiscount and donation program. Their Nonprofit Starter Pack (NPSP) is an excellent nonprofit constituent relationship management system. It is a set of customizations that extend the standard Salesforce Enterprise Edition to enable nonprofits to manage their constituent activity including donations. Here are three reasons why Nonprofits should consider Salesforce Foundation:
1. Affordable- The NPSP is free for up to 10 users for eligible North American organizations:
• 501c3 organizations
• Higher education institutions
• K–12 schools
• Fiscally sponsored organizations
• Religious organizations
• Canadian charities
2. Available – Since Salesforce’s NPSP is cloud-based, is available anywhere with an internet connection and web browser This makes it particularly useful for nonprofits with offices or staff members in multiple locations and need access to their constituent relationship management systemfrom anywhere, whether are at home or on the road. In addition to ease of access, users do not have to worry about server downtime since Salesforce takes care of all of that from one of its many dedicated and secure data centers.
3. Flexible – Although Salesforce’s NPSP requires minimal set-up to get started, the platform is extremely flexible if you need to automate your internal processes and workflows. Additionally, Salesforce.com is a widely used platform that provides the ability to integrate with external systems when necessary. Salesforce.com’s AppExchange marketplace contains both free and paid Apps. These apps are to customize and extend the NPSP and provide additional functionality such as email and donor fund processing. In addition, the appexchange offers nonprofit extensions that support important functions such as volunteer, auction event management. Check out the Salesforce Appexchange here.